Ephesians 2:1-10 -- Made Alive

Moderator: steve.mckinion

angela.wong

Ephesians 2:1-10 -- Made Alive

Post by angela.wong » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:40 pm

Your teaching, based on this passage, was very powerful and I am still chewing on it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

When God created Adam, He breathed both physical and spiritual life into him. His physical life is the created life and his spiritual/eternal life is the un-created life. When Adam sinned, even though he lived physically, he died spiritually. He could no longer have a right relationship with God and was sent out of the Garden of Eden. Since then, everyone born has a physical life but not a spiritual life.

When we come to faith in Christ, God breathed that spiritual life back into us again. Could we say that the Holy Spirit that dwells within us is God's breath in us?

In the Old Testament, the spirit or the Holy Spirit, רוּחַ rûaḥ, means wind and by resemblance, breath. In the New Testament, the Holy Spirit, πνεῦμα pneuma, means air, breath (blast) or a breeze.

Is the Holy Spirit the same breath of life that God breathed into Adam when He created him? Did the Holy Spirit (the third person of the Trinity) dwell in Adam before he sinned and then left him when he sinned and was banished from the Garden of Eden?